So, Monday. 30min before I got off work Eric text me letting me know that he had driven up to Ensign Peak, and if I didn't hear from him by 6:00pm that he was still there because he lost his car keys. Its about a 30 min hike to the top. Sadly it rained the whole night before so it was muddy and slippery. Once I got off work I decided I better head up there anyways to make sure he was ok. When I pulled up Eric was outside his car trying to break in with a stick. hahaha sad but true. His hands and face were freezing, and he hadn't eaten anything more than a granola bar. He sat in my car for a few minutes to warm up, and then I was able to talk him into hiking up the mountain one more time. As we started up the peak....we met a young couple. We told them our situation and they told us they'd look for the keys. We headed up the side that had no path...the place eric decided it was a good idea to get off the course.
we reached a cliff and then the top but still no keys. Looking through the sage brush for an hour it all starts to look the same. We headed down the mountain and as we slipped through the mud our shoes got caked and so did our pants, and still NO keys. We finally made it back down near the car even dug in the trash but no luck. But after many prayers, as we approached his car...his keys were placed right on the windshield of his car, a whole 5 hrs later. AMAZING...it was definitely an answer to our prayers. We are almost positive that the couple we ran into found them and left them there for Eric. We were so happy so I took Eric to Rumbi for dinner to celebrate hahaha. But even though it was an unfortunate event with a fortunate ending, the view from the top was outstanding and breath takingly beautiful. I actually felt for one of the first times since I moved to Utah that I might actually have started liking it here.
We didn't have a camera but this was about the closest thing I could find of our view. We are planning to go back up there again soon. And this time I'll hold the keys :)


No comments:
Post a Comment