Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Life as a college Grad!
I am now a college graduate. I graduated with my Bachelor's in Health Science, emphasis in Public health and a minor in Chemistry. I found a job with ARUP Medical Research Laboratory in Sandy Utah in their blood services department. I process, test and ship blood to local hospitals within the Salt Lake Valley for transfusions. I just completed my training in 2 1/2 months, its supposed to take 6. So I am really happy that part is over. It gets pretty old going to work everyday and taking quizzes, reading 30 page modules, and having a trainer watch your every move for 2 months. So needless to say I am extremely happy that the hard part is over. I also recently completed my CASPA application for PA school. I applied to Salus University in PHILLY, kinda scary, hahaha :) but I should be hearing from them soon, since I have previously completed a preliminary application process.
As for the juicy and fun stuff happening in my life...well theres not much to tell. Eric has moved to Utah and was working as a marketing manager but recently the company is shutting its doors, so he is on the job hunt again. We are happy, and in love, and spend every minute of are spare time away from work together. We have started the 90 day book of mormon challenge a couple weeks ago, and so far I haven't missed a night hahaha. We are both really looking forward to the coming holiday months, and especially New Years. His parents are paying for their entire family, kids and grandkids and all...oh YEAH...and ME!!! To go to Disney World in Florida..my neck of the woods...for 7 days. They are taking care of our airline tickets, park passes, and lodging. We are pretty much only responsible for our food and souvenirs. :) I'm so excited...and while we are there we are all participating in RUNDISNEY...a 5K through disney world. It is going to be amazing. The only sad thing is that I won't be able to make it home for Christmas. :( Thankfully I was able to see my family at my graduation, but I missed seeing my little brother Aaron because he was in afghanistan. Thankfully he is back and safe in the states, but I will really miss seeing him at Christmas. I am happy Eric had the chance to meet my family at graduation but I really want to take him home to Alabama to meet all my friends and family at home, and to show him around the town that I grew up in. He has tried to plan a trip or time we could make it down there..but we are both poor..so I refuse to let him pay for anything...and that almost applies to everything. hahaha Sometimes he tells me I have to let him be a man and pay for things, but I always feel guilty when he pays for or buys me anything. I know he is more hurt for money than I am. Anyways, it doesn't matter that we're are poor, because with him in my life I have the world. I am so excited that I have found the man I will share forever with. Its just a matter of time until we will take the plunge. But to know that we both have received an answer and know that we want to get married is so exciting. And because no one really reads this blog hahaha I can say that ring shopping and wedding planning with him is probably some of the must excititng and fun times I've spent with him. We are both really excited and can't wait for the day that we say "I DO". :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You THINK nobody reads this!!! :) We so have to call each other and catch up!! So excited to hear how you're doing!! LOVE YOU GIRL!
ReplyDeleteand here I thought you had forgotten about your blog. not that I am much better. It is so great to get an update. I wish you all the best and I had better get an announcement. I love the pictures and I can be there in spirit, unless you are planning to have it somewhere close to rexburg or a place where I can travel easily and find babysitting.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are having a good time, keep up the good work!
You are so cute!!! I love your blog, keep it going!!!
ReplyDeleteYa!!! YA!!! YA!!! I need an announcement and you should get married soon. Its so so fun!
ReplyDelete