Sunday, November 14, 2010

Rexburg...Home Away from Home

This weekend Eric and I decided to go up to visit some old friends of ours from college. So the story goes that when Eric and I first met it was the second semester of my freshman year. We had a class together. We have been great friends ever since. So needless to say since the time Eric and I met we have associated with the same group of friends. I know his old roommates, he knows my old roommates (only a select few he chooses to remember hahaha) and then some of his closest friends. We used to do everything together....trips , sunday dinners every week, dates, country dancing, movies, hot springs, and concerts. Life has kinda drug us all in different directions, but its nice to know that know matter what, when we all get back together its just like old times. Friday morning Eric and I headed up to Rexburg. When we got there we went to Texas Roadhouse....LOVE that place....we especially love the scones :) After lunch we shopped around at some different stores and at the mall.
Eric Trying on UGLY SWEATERS for our Christmas Pictures

 We then headed over to our friends Tyler and Janae's place for dinner. Janae was working so I played the Wii with their 2 yr old harrison while Eric and Tyler cooked us steak for dinner. We ate and watched a movie and I took off to my friend's place in Rexburg for the night and Eric stayed at Tyler's. When I reached Rexburg I realized I had contracted Erics disease as I like to call it :) and had forgotten my purse in Idaho Falls. This is the part I get to brag about how much my wonderful sweet boyfriend loves me. hahaha. So anyways Saturday morning I met up with some old roommates for breakfast at Jamba and Eric had Tyler drive him to meet me so that I could have my wallet to buy breakfast. It was pretty early especiallly for the 2 boys who stayed up till 4am playing XBox. :) So while Eric went to our friend Jordan's house to take a nap I went to breakfast and then to Walmart and Porter's Just to look around. I think I came up with some good ideas for Christmas gifts. Then I drove over to Jordan's place, woke up the boys, and then Jordan, his girlfriend Angie, and Eric and all went and saw the movie RED. Eric and I had already seen it, but we loved it. After the movie we headed to Winger's for lunch. We had fun catching up. Right afterwards we dropped those two off we headed to Applebees for dinner hahah. Good thing we didn't really eat at lunch. We met back up with our friends Tyler and Janae, and with our friend Tyrel. We had an awesome dinner, watched some football, and chatted for a while. Then Eric and I hung out at Tyrel's after dinner and watched a movie. Sunday, We went to church, then ate, went and said bye to some friends, grabbed some hot chocolate, and headed home. It was a wonderful weekend. As we were driving away, Eric and I both looked at each other and neither one of us wanted to leave. Rexburg was just home for both of us for so long, and with our friends all there, it was hard to leave. Maybe one day we will end up there together.

No comments:

Post a Comment