Friday morning Kyli, Dan, and I headed up to Star Valley to meet up with the rest of the Hale family to celebrate Thanksgiving. Everyone was somewhere different on Thanksgiving day and so Eric's parents decided that we should celebrate on Saturday instead. So Friday when we arrived, we unpacked, Kyli and I showed off all our great purchases, the boys went and cut wood while us girls stayed inside and played with the nieces. Then we ate dinner and visited, and the boys played games, and I went to bed early. Saturday morning we woke up and Eric's mom made us all French toast. Then us girls made and decorated gingerbread houses while the boys chopped wood again. It was so fun, and we got to watch Home Alone while we decorated.
After the boys were done chopping and showered, Eric and I went and took Christmas pictures at the park there in Afton. It was so much fun!!! We had a blast playing in the snow, and the pictures turned out great. His cousin Cassey took our pictures and she did a great job. I can't wait to see them in our Christmas cards.
After pictures we went back to the house and helped cook dinner. I was in charge of making the sweet potatoes. I decided to make my dads recipe. Kyli, Eric's niece Maddie, and I all headed to to the grocery store and picked up everything we needed. Then after making the food, Eric and I packed his 3 nieces in the car and headed to the Christmas parade. It was short and sweet but sooooooo cute. All the floats were decorated in Christmas lights and downtown Afton was decorated with lights and decorations. After the parade all of the Hale family headed back home for our Thanksgiving feast. It was delicious. All the food was Amazing and the bird weighed 30lbs. It was massive!!! My favorite part of the meal was the slush!!! Talk about amazing. I know another event in a few months coming up that would be great for ;) Then we played 2 rounds of spoons. Eric one the first round and I won the second round! Then we played a great game of Cranium. Eric, Tommy (Dan's brother), and Leah (Eric's cousin) won. Kyli, Dan, and I were a close second, and Susan, Van, and Cassey came in last. We all had a ton of fun, and I am pretty sure my abs are sore still fro laughing so hard all night. Anyways, today was church and Sunday dinner and then we headed out of town. But as we were pulling out of the driveway, Eric's brother Eli backed his truck into Dan and Kyli's car I was riding in. It dented the whole side panel of the door. Thankfully we were all okay, and after 5 hrs. in the car we finally made it back to Utah safe and sound. The roads were slick, and the blizzard didn't help, but at least we are all safe. Eric stayed in Star Valley to work on some "things". Things I am not aloud to ask questions about. So hopefully he will be back in Utah in a couple of days. In the mean time its back to work for me. I hope the week goes by quickly. I can't hardly wait till Christmas and New Years. Disney here we Come :)

Looks like you had a blast in SV. I love Star Valley, it really is one of the best places on this earth:)
ReplyDeleteI Agree!!! I love it there!!! Who knows...I may be living there before I know it. :)
ReplyDelete