Monday, November 8, 2010

Star Valley Baptism & Birthday

This weekend was one of the best weekends I've had in awhile. Friday after I got off work I drove over to Eric's and picked him up and we headed out of town to Star Valley, Wy. We got in about 10:00 and ate dinner and stayed up watching bun notice with the fam. Saturday morning Eric's mom woke me up early, and his cousin Leah, his mom, and I all went to the grover ward souper saturday. This was a ploy of his mom's to make me more crafty and turn me into a homemaker :) and I love it!!! hahaha So while we were there we made some christmas books...a story for everyday during december about the Savior. We also etched glass pyrex pie dishes.
That afternoon we all got ready and went to his niece Caellie's baptism. It was wonderful that the whole family was there for her. She was so cute all dressed in her pretty white dress. It was really special to be there to witness that special event in her life. After the baptism and pictures we headed back to the house changed again, and I helped his sister Kyli decorate a cake for his neice Brooklyn's first Birthday. Once the cake was done we grabbed all the presents and food piled in the truck and headed about to the Rainbow ranch for Caellie's dinner party to celebrate the baptism. Once dinner was over some guest left as others arrived for the birthday party. Brooklyn opened her presents and we all ate cake and visited.
Sunday morning we all went to church together. After church, we had a large break the fast dinner at the Hale home and then Eric loaded up his mattress into the back of my car. I officially now have a bad instead of an air mattress to sleep on. It is wonderful. :) His mom also gave a brand new amazing pillow (Eric's a little jealous about that one) and loaded me up with brownies and rolls to take home. And that was the end to our amazing weekend in star valley.
Oh yeah I almost forgot...Eric's dad stiched up the hole in my bumper! My car looks like Frankenstein!!! But it gives her character I think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment