Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Christmas with Eric


Christmas Eve was probably one of my favorite days of the whole year. Eric drove down from Star Valley Christmas Eve. I was at work and left a key for him to get into my apartment. He got there before me and hid my presents in the laundry room. He made dinner and had everything ready to eat when I walked through the door after work. We had Pizza and Dr. Pepper. :) Our favorite! 

Afterwards we went down to temple square and saw all the Christmas lights. I have never been to see the lights so it was really exciting for me. I was just like a kid on christmas morning. I think Eric got a kick out of it. 


After the lights we were freezing so we came back to my place and changed into our swim suits and went hot tubbing. Its so fun when its snowy and cold and your outside in a hot tub!!! After we were done we changed into our jammies, had some martenellie's that Eric surprised me with and then we watched a couple Christmas movies that he bought me. 

Then it was bed time. In the morning, Eric and I opened gifts at 5am with his parents on skype. They wanted to watch because Eric was excited to give me my gift he had been planning for me. So first I opened my gift form him. It was a coffee table for my living room that he found in a dumpster :) He put it back together and refinished it and it absolutely amazing! I love that I found myself a handy man. He can pretty much fix anything :)

 Then he opened up gifts from me. And then we gave each other stockings. Lastly, he told me he had one more present for me. He walked to me coat closet, rolled out one of the roll away pieces of luggage and pointed to the top zipped pocket and the bag. He said I think your last present is in here. I unzipped the bag and pulled out a sheet of paper. As I started reading the paper I saw that it was a flight itinerary from Salt Lake to Mobile. I started crying immediately. Then he told me that I needed to hurry and get dressed because our plane was leaving in 2 hours. He had my roommate Kim pack for me and I was ready to go. He had planned for months to take me home for Christmas and my mom, my sister and his parents were all in on it. CRAZY!!! We hurried to the airport and caught our flight and made it home for Christmas in Alabama!! Oh how I love that man! :) 


1 comment:

  1. OH MEEE GEEE! THAT IS THE BEST MOST WONDERFUL AMAZING THING I HAVE EVER HEARD! HE IS WONDERFUL! YAY FOR GREAT MEN!

    ReplyDelete