Tuesday, January 18, 2011

!!Disney World!! Where Dreams Come True!!

Disney World was absolutely fantabulous!!!!! Eric's brother Kory drove over from Louisiana and picked Eric and I up on the way. We all jumped in the car and headed down to Orlando. When we got there and checked into the hotel, we met up with the rest of the HALE clan, and headed to Landry's, an awesome seafood restaurant for Eli's 30th Birthday (eli is eric's older brother).

The next day we all woke up and headed to Epcot! When we got there the first ride we went on was a river boat ride.

Then we spent the rest of the day riding all sorts of different rides and walking around through all the different countries. We tried to get our picture taken in front of as many different countries as possible. We fast passed a couple rides which was awesome since that meant no lines for us :) We ate lunch in Italy at a pizzaria. Eric's dad served his mission there so we pretty much knew he would be hanging out in that country, but we still made sure that I got my turkey leg to eat.

After lunch and some more rides it was about 8pm and all the girls which included me and Eric's neices, his, sister, and sister-in-law all went did the Epcot Duffy Bear scavenger hunt. We went country to country where we got stamps and our name written in different languages. 9pm was the Epcot firework show.
At first, Eric's mom told me to slow down that she wanted to see the show as we walked to meet up with all the boys, then she got a phone call and told us we had to hurry, and we ended up running. When  we hit the country of Mexico Eric's brother Kory and Dan were waving us to the direction where they were all standing. Eric was in the front next to a rope where a section of street was blocked off. I pushed through the crowd and stood next to him and his dad. After a minute or two. Eric stepped over the rope and told me that it was too crowded and we should make some more room for people. So I followed him over the rope. Then he looked at me and started walking slowly to the center of the open area. He pulled me close, and with everyone watching he said, "We've been all around the world today together. Did you find find anybody better than me?" I laughed and said "no". Then he said "I've never found anybody better than you." Then he slowly dropped to one knee and said, "Lesley Nicole Winberg will you do me the honor of being my wife?" Of course I started crying and then I was so mezmorized by ring that I almost forgot to say yes... then I started shaking my head yes, and he slid the ring on to my finger!!!!!!! We hugged and kissed and his parents and family watched the whole thing and filmed it all on video. We then heard the massive crowd cheering and whoohooing and it was perfect. Then everyone ran to us and his mom Susan was crying, and I just couldn't stop smiling. It was perfect!!! We then took some pictures and when we got back to the hotel we made lots and lots of phone calls.

Sunday after the engagement we went to church there next to the Orlando temple and then walked around on the grounds, played mini golf and went swimming that night.
Monday we all kinda split up due to some sick boys, so me eric and dan and kyli and Brooklyn went to Universal Studios Island of Adventures, and it was by far the best park we went to. We rode tons of rides all day long. The hulk, Spiderman, Some ride that shot us straight up into the air, and more and more and more rides, and then we saved the best for last. We went to Harry Potter. The whole section of the park was made to look like Hogsmeade, and Hogwarts. We went and got butter beer (pretty much cream soda with some sorta amazing creamy broth on top that tasted sorta like vanilla ice cream). We ate the 3 broomsticks, I had another turkey leg and got a half of a chicken hahahaha. We also drank pumpkin juice, and went to all the shops. They looked exactly like the ones in all the movies. Then we met up with Kyli and Dan and went of the Harry Potter Journey Roller Coaster which was amazing. The line was 2 hrs long but so worth it. As you walk through the doors into hogswarts the had the moving paintings just like the movie which was insane. They talked back and forth to eachother, and to us. We went through dumbledor's office and saw him and pass all the class rooms and passage ways, and saw harry and hermione, and Ron. It snowed real snow on us inside Hogwarts too. CRAZY!!! Then the ride was awesome. You were in the great hall and there were all the hanging candles from the ceiling and you get in and the ride starts. and you feel like you are for real flying on a broom stick the special affects were crazy good and it really felt like you were right there in the movie with them.



Tuesday, The boys went deep sea fishing and us girls all went to Magic Kingdom. We spent the day taking pictures with all the princesses, and mickie, and minnie, and goofie, and riding all the rides at magic kingdom. My favorites were Pirates of the Carribean and Space Mountain.



Wednesday I woke early and flew back to Utah, but it was the best trip EVER!!!! EVER!! EVER!!!

3 comments:

  1. love love love how he proposed!! i'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brigitte!!! More posts are soon to come, and some pictures, but wedding planning and work are taking over my life again! hahaha I hate the real world! :) But hopefully I'll be out there closer to you before too long! Miss your guts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally cried at how he asked you! I am beyond happy for ya'll!

    ReplyDelete